Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Legacy 2.5I Limited: . I've got a '99 Subaru Legacy

Customer Question

Hi. I've got a '99 Subaru Legacy Outback. The Climate Control does not seem to work properly. The blower works fine, but the control seems stuck on the defrost/floor gate. Hitting the other buttons is ineffective. Oh, and the little lights below each button are all dark.
Any ideas?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,these buttons tend to stick because they are located in a terrible position,right next to the cupholder!I've seen this before sometimes some silicone spray help matters,do you recall if the light above each mode operates? As fpr the illumination there are 2 bulbs behind it that blow out that are replacable,thanks for your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k...thanks for your reply. The buttons don't seem sticky, they press easy. If there's any sticking going on, it's behind the panel. Where should I apply the lubricant?
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Do the lamps above each mode operate? if not there could be a short in the unit.thanks
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.