Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Subaru Outback 3.6r: Kevin. Cel is on, brake light is flashing,

Customer Question

Hi Kevin. Cel is on, brake light is flashing, cruise light is flashing and traction light is on. I checked oil and added. It was empty. Lights are still on. It is a 2011 outback 3.6 r. Can car be driven 2 hours home and how can lights be shut off?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ok, to get the warning lights off, which are in no way related to the low oil, the onboard computer will need to be scanned for the stored fault codes and then erased after they are diagnosed and repaired. I will say that it is likely that all these lights related to one issue. This is likely either a faulty brake light switch or wiring harness in its circuit as these will set fault codes for each of the warning lights that are one currently Your cruise control may not be working at this point, and you need to check that the brake lights work. As long as the brake lights are working and no noticable symptoms. then it is safe to make your drive home. If it is the brake light switch, it will run around $85 parts and labor to replace Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks