Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Yes i have a 06 subaru outback 2.5 non turbo it has no

Customer Question

yes i have a 06 subaru outback 2.5 non turbo it has no bottom end power i replaced the heads piston an rings an timing belt

Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Hi How did you confirm its the engine to blame for this low power and not a transmission or torque converter or exhaust issue?What is the compression readings?Any warning lights on, engine noises, or running issues, like misfires? - It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey we got the car runing great i replaced the rear o2 an the coolet temp sensor but now when you drive the car for a lil bit if ur on a hill it does not what to go get it on level ground it goes then u can climp a hill with it i the compress is 130 across the cylinders we keep leaning to the motor cause we rebuild it well rings an pistons that we got from car wiz .com the last time it wouldnt climb a hill it trow miss fire on 2 3 4

Have you monitored the fuel pressure during this event to see if the pressure is dropping on a hill form the fuel sloshing i n the fuel tank away from the pick up?