Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm getting this fault up on my 2001 STi Impreza bugeye ,Vehicle

Customer Question

I'm getting this fault up on my 2001 STi Impreza bugeye ,Vehicle Speed Sensor Low Speed P0502. I recently installed defi gauges into it and that's when this fault started. I have retraced all my wiring and everything looks good. I have since replaced the sensor and problem is still not solved. I took power for gauges from radio. Car idles ok, no loss of power and speed works fine but fan runs continuously. I'm at my wits end trying to sort this, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of ideas!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car had no issues before I installed 4 defi gauges (water temp, oil temp, boost and oil pressure). Since this upgrade this issue has been occurring. I've since replaced vs sensor, retraced all steps and everything looks good. Green connectors under dash are not connected or never have been. I'm running out of ideas. Power for gauges is been taking from radio power.
What liter engine, coupe or sedan, auto or manual transmission. Its odd you have no speedometer issues and the code remains. However there is more than one speed sensor. Have you used a scan tool to monitor the speed sensors readings while driving to see if they are all reading accurate. It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I can't read minds nor have a magic wand, & I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.0 we'd sti bugeye model. Manual 6 speed transmission. Everything is reading accurately. Fan and engine light on continuously.
Apparently I have never heard of this model, being it has a 2.0 and I do not show that as an option in my repair guides. I have to get you back on the list to wait for another to help you.