Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

Subaru Outback R LL Bean Edition: I bought a replacement A/C

Customer Question

I bought a replacement A/C compressor for my 2002 Outback LL Bean 3.0 I had to change the pulley then I noticed that the unit I bought did not have a sensor like the original. Can this unit work if I remove the senor and splice some wiring
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.
Hello, sorry for the delay, No you must have the compressor with the sensor, That is a revolaution compressor speed sensor and feeds information back to the HVAC module as well as the PCM, just no way to bypass it, It can and will affect the compressor operation so, unfortunatley, no other method shy of changing compressor to the unit with the speed sensor, it can no be jumped no bypassed and if you try this? you can damage the PCM ( computer0