George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years
13574682

Subaru Outback 3.0 R Limited: How do I reset the TPMS warning

How do I reset the TPMS warning light on a 2013 Subaru Outback?

Hello I will help you with your question,

Have you changed wheels/tires, had a flat tire and/or are all the tires inflated to at least 30 psi?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got a oil change at Jiffy Lube. They said the tire pressure was OK. Fifteen minutes later the warning light came on. The tires are original equipment with only 10000 miles.

If the light was not on before the oil change I would recheck the pressures, set them to 32 psi and then drive above 25mph for at least five minutes. That will turn off the light if there are no problems, Jiffy Lube may have bent a valve stem and you have a low tire.

The system automatically checks itself and resets when driven above 25 mph so if all is well it should turn off. Normally checking the pressures will not trigger the system but you will need to check the tire pressures.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you