Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport: My son has a 2002 Subaru impreza

My son has a 2002 Subaru impreza sport and the drivers side window is not seting properly. still goes up and down but is not aligned properly when it closes. how do I access to repair

Hugh
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.

Ivan : Hugh, I am away from my computer at the moment. Later on tonight, I can get you some door panel removal procedures. If you cannot wait, let me know and I will open this up to other experts.
Ivan : Your JA Expert,
Ivan : Ivan
Ivan :

Just to let you know, I am looking for interior door panel instructions for you. I have window regulator procedures ready. I just need to find some helpful diagrams for removing the panel.

Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sorry about the delay. Here is the procedure for removing the door panel. Let me know when you get there, if you need anything further.

Ivan

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ivan

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX while to get back to this. Have the door panel off, now how do I adjust the window so it seats properly. the window seems to be connected properly. just not coming up strainght

Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.
Ok, great. Now here is what you need to do. Really look close as to where the window contacts the guides and how the window regulator connects to the glass. Adjustment should not be the problem. Something shifted out of position, or slid out of the guide. Move the window up and down in and look real close. Let me know what you see and what you believe is happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

front of window seems to be moving inward and window is loose about half way down. when fully up back portion of window is too high and contacts the frame instead of seating against the weatherstrip

Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.
Ok, look at the front of the window and see if there is play before the window begins to move. Does any of the bolts for the window regulator look like they moved? Look for any marks that seem to have a mark where a bolt used to be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looks like a lower bolt just below the door handle has moved forward. both that bolt and the bolt above it are moving when the window goes up and down

Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.
Great! Can you see where the original starting point was. That no doubt is the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Ivan

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX actually four bolts loose, tightened then all up and seems to be working fine. when I get the door back together I will be sure to do the rating.

Expert:  Ivan replied 1 year ago.
Awesome! I love when simple things fix the issue. Let me know if you have any problems of any kind.
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.