tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

Subaru Impreza 2.5I: Subaru Impreza after driving then parking

Subaru Impreza after driving then parking and turning the engine off, when going back to start the car later, the car won't start. Sounds like the engine is cranking but won't start.

tamaz22 : Hi,welcome to,my name is XXXXX XXXXX get started solving your problem!Hi,when the engine cranks and won't start does it crank continually?Can you also tell me when it does not start are you depressing the accelerator?WHen you reply give me some history on the car,mileage,work done past or present,type of weather and temperature this occurs most often in,thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The engine cranks until I stop. Mileage 67000.
Only work is inspection. Weather hot (90) and
Mike,I have a few suggestions ,first if you only use one brand of fuel or station try a different brand and a different location,only use 87 octane anything more and your wasting your money,have the ECM memory cleared either by a scan tool or disconnecting battery for a hour after you change fuel.,Have the spark plugs and ignition system checked for signs of misfiring or poor connections,if spark plugs have not been replaced yet replace them with factory NGK plugs all subarus run great on theses plugs, let me know if you see a difference I'll be here ,thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All of your suggestions have been done to no avail. I'll just wait for the next time and see if I get any error warnings. Could it have anything to do with the key/fob?

Michael ,sorry those suggestions didn't work out for you .I failed to ask if you have any aftermarket equipment on the car,remote starter,alarm system etc..any thing tied into electrical system like those mentioned could cause a no start problem.If you had a key problem the car wouldn't continually crank and would be accompanied by a security light.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have a remote starter. Also, my mechanic indicated that it could be a key issue and said to look for an error code of ERIU or something like that.