tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru IMPREZA 205I: 2008 SUBARU IMPREZA 205I FLASHING CRUISE

2008 SUBARU IMPREZA 205I
FLASHING CRUISE CONTROL LIGHT, FLASHING 'CHECK ENGINE' LIGHT

tamaz22 : Hi,welcome to JustAnswer.com,my name is XXXXX XXXXX get started solving your problem!Hi the flashing check engine light means the engine is misfiring and this can cause damage to the catalytic convertor.The cruise control light flashes to alert you that the cruise control will be disabled until the check engine light has been repaired .
Customer:

I will have to take it to a Subaru shop to get it checked out. Any idea why the engine light is flashing? I want to know what to expect from Subaru mechanics.

tamaz22 : The flashing light means the engine is not firing on all cylinders,usually the ignition coil or ignition wires are at fault,but there are plenty more components that cn cause the misfiring
Customer:

Just looking at that which you mentioned, what is the cost of repair of the ignition coil or ignition wires?

tamaz22 : If that is what is causing the problem the cost with diagnosis and labor may be in the $300-400 range
Customer:

Thank you very much. Let's hope the problem is limited to coil or wires.

tamaz22 : Your welcome,I agree