tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience

2004 Subaru outback- Rumblin or vibration while driving

tamaz22 : Hi,welcome to,my name is XXXXX XXXXX get started solving your problem!The next thing I would inspect is the driveshaft ,if the u joints are worn then that is the most likely cause,can you tell me when the vibration starts and where it is felt,steering wheel,floor etc... Is there any vibration while braking
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ujoints seem to be fine vibration in floor

At what speeds?how about the axle shafts are those original?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

starts out at get go.. smooths out at 40 mph not original axles they've been replaced

Have they been replaced recently,as of late we've been having problems with aftermarket reman axles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There seems to be some play in the front and rear ujoints and they look dry. The hanger bearing seems ok. I think it would be wise to rplace the ujoints and go from there thank you

As far as I know there are no ujoints avaible the repair consists of replacing the drive shaft to the tune of about $700 plus labor,our parts department has never been able to locate just u-joints.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

while driving if u put car in neutral it still vibrates ?

Dido ,the drive shaft is still spinning ,but there is no load on it from the transmission or engine because trans is in neutral ,so with it spinning with poor u-joints you will still feel the vibration.