Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.

Subaru Forester: 2007 Subaru forester driver side power window

Customer Question

2007 Subaru forester driver side power window failure. I have the interior panel removed but cannot see how to access the window mechanism.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,Have you tested all of this electrically?These are a bit of a challenge to change the motor in so let me know.Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The window was becoming sluggish when raised or lowered, now has no movement. From what I can see, there is a lot of dust inside the door. I suspect that a cleaning and lube of the parts might fix. That or replace the motor that runs the window. How do I get to those parts?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
HERE are the instructions to remove the window motor and regulator. Hopefully this will give you enough access to lube it up at least to try that.Hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.Thanks.