Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.

Subaru Legacy 3.6R: I left my key in the ignition swith of

I left my key in the ignition swith of my 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R overnight. I can't get the key out of the ignition nor can I start the car. How do I get it out of this "immobilization"state? - Thank you!
Hi there,The car is not immobilized, the battery is dead. Try a jump start, leave the donor car on it for 15-20 minutes with a good connection, then try to start the car. Once running, let it run or take it on a goodXXXXXto charge up the battery. Then the electronics will work normally again and you will be able to remove the key.Hope this helps!Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance, if not, then please be sure to rate my answer.If you got here with the free trial, you still have to rate, you will not be charged.Thank You