Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

Subaru Impreza: tire pressure warning light . I changed tires

tire pressure warning light . I changed tires and wheels now air pressure light is on is there a way to reset without a scanner or dealer visit ?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

..

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, the dealship would be the place to get that done.

..

REGISTER TRANSMITTER ID
Perform the procedures below to register the transmitter.

• Transmitter replaced.
  • Replaced the tire pressure monitoring control module.

NOTE:

• If registration of the transmitter ID is not possible after 2 attempts, replace the tire pressure monitoring control module.
  • During the registration, turn the ignition switch to OFF and end the Subaru Select Monitor. Or if the registration is not performed for 5 minutes or more, the registration mode is cancelled.
  • When rotating tires, there is no affect on the performance or functions of the tire pressure monitoring control module even if the transmitter (ID) is not registered, however, the tire position displayed on the Subaru Select Monitor will be incorrect.
1) Adjust all tire pressures to the specifications.
2) Connect Subaru Select Monitor and select {2. Each System Check} on the [[Main Menu]].
3) On the [[System Selection Menu]], select {Tire Pressure Monitor}.
4) After the {Tire Pressure Monitor} is displayed, select [OK].
5) On the [[Tire Pressure Monitor Diagnosis]], select {Transmitter ID regist confirm}.
6) {When ID registration mode execute, Registered ID is deleted After the {Proceed?} is displayed, select [OK].
7) Touch the transmitter registration tool to the side wall area near the air valve on the front left tire, and press the switch. The transmitter ID is sent to the tire pressure monitoring control module. (At that time, the tire pressure warning light blinks to confirm that the registration has started.)

graphic

NOTE:

• The registration order of transmitter ID is not specified.
  • The transmitter registration tool is used by touching the side wall area near the transmitter.
  • When registration of each tire is completed, the hazard light will blink and {ID registration completed} is displayed on the Select Monitor screen.
  • If registration procedure stop in the halfway (turning ignition switch to OFF, wrong registration order, etc), proceed from step 5)
8) When ID registration is completed, the tire pressure warning light remains lit for approximately 2 seconds, to end the registration. Switch to the screen displaying the transmitter ID on the Subaru Select Monitor display.
9) Check the transmitter ID that was registered, then perform a driving test.

DISPLAY TRANSMITTER (ID).

1) On the [[Main Menu]], select {Each System Check}.
2) On the [[System Selection Menu]], select {Tire Pressure Monitor}.
3) After the {Tire Pressure Monitor} is displayed, select [OK].
4) On the [[Tire Pressure Monitor Diagnosis]], select {Transmitter ID regist confirm}.
5) Select the {Transmitter ID Data Monitor} and then select [OK] to display the transmitter ID.

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master tech, 30 years experience