Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

2007 subaru forester: 115,000 miles idles..changed plugs..runs fine

2007 subaru forester 115,000 miles idles so low it stalls. so i changed plugs and wires. runs fine on high way but stalls when come to stop. any ideas...
GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there!
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it was but after i changed plugs and wires it went away. i also diconnected battery when doing plugs. hooked it back up and drove aprox 20 miles and still stalls when come to stop

Ah, ok.
Lets try to reset the throttle on the car. It's all electronic so we have to try and reset it after the battery is disconnected.
Here is the procedure, give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Subaru Relearn

turn on your car (key on engine off) make sure all accessories are off..this includes A/C , fan, radio, defogger..everything, then turn the key off. Then disconnect the negative battery cable (10mm wrench) and leave it disconnected for 15 minutes. then reconnect the cable, start the car (may start and die at first , this is normal) then when it is running, just let it idle for 10 minutes, after 10 minutes, turn on the A/C and let it run for another 10minutes. after that, turn off the car for 5 minutes. Then you can drive it and see if the idle is now normal.