Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Doors locked..it self, Replaced security control module..factory

Problem doors locked by it self, Replaced security control module and also replaced factory key fob.Should Car still lock by itself ???
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there!
This is normally caused by a wiring issue with one of the door lock switches on the car. I mostly see this in the rear hatch. Sometimes water will get in there and corrode the connectors. This sends signal to the security control module and the car will lock itself.
Sometimes as you are going down the road it will lock and unlock on it's own.
You have to remove the interior panels and look for signs of water. Unplug the harnesses and make sure there is no green inside.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The repair work was done at a Subaru dealer costing over $600.00 what should i do ???
Take it back! They haven't resolved the problem for you. Take it back and tell them it still has a problem and you don't want to be charged. You spent $600 and they resolved nothing, either you want your money back or the car repaired properly.
That is what I would do....