Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.

2009 Subaru Forester: warning lights..Cruise..the check engine light

I have a 2009 Subaru Forester and several warning lights have come on at once: the Cruise light is blinking, the check engine light is on and the Vehicle Dynamics Control OFF indicator light is on. What is going on?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there!
When the check engine light comes on, the cruise and the vdc are turned off by the computer.
So in a nutshell, you need to find out why the check engine light is on, then resolve the problem and reset the light. This will turn the cruise and vdc lights off and the car will return to normal.
There are over 500 reasons for the check engine light to come on, so you need to have the codes read. If you have an Autozone nearby, most will read the codes for you at no charge. If you like to get the code and post it here I can give you further assistance,.
Hope this helps!