Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

Subaru Legacy 2.5I Limited How do you remove the headlight

How do you remove the headlight assembly on a 2006 Subaru Legacy?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Randall. A good bit of work to do so. the front bumper face and grill must be removed, I put the info that is offered below

Headlight Assembly

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect the ground cable from battery.

1. Remove the air intake duct. (When removing the headlight RH)
  2. Remove the front grille.
  3. Remove the front bumper.
  4. Disconnect each harness connector.

1. Remove the 5 bolts, disengage the clip, and then detach the headlight assembly.

INSTALLATION
Install in the reverse order of removal.

RONT BUMPER

Front Bumper

REMOVAL

1. FRONT BUMPER FACE
  2. Remove the front grille.
  3. Turn over the front mud guard, and remove the clips connecting the fender and bumper.

1. Remove the clips at the lower side of bumper.

1. Disconnect the fog light connector. (Model with fog light)
  2. Remove the bumper from vehicle body.
  3. Remove the fog light from bumper face.
2. FRONT BUMPER BEAM ASSEMBLY
  2. Remove the front grille.
  3. Remove the front bumper face.
  4. Remove the energy absorber foam from bumper beam.
  5. Remove the upper bracket.

1. Remove the bolts, and remove the bumper beam assembly from vehicle body.

NOTE: After all bolts are removed, raise the whole bumper beam a little to remove it from vehicle body.

1. Remove the bolts and nuts, and disassemble the bumper beam.

1. Glove the under cover.
  1. Remove the bolts and clips, and remove the radiator guide.

FRONT GRILLE

Front Grille

REMOVAL

1. Open the hood.
  2. Remove the push clips (A), front grille clips (B) and bolt (C) from each side of front grille.

1. Pull lower side of the front grille forward, remove hooks (A), and then remove the front grille from vehicle body.

INSTALLATION

Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist