Ivan
Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.
10772012

Subaru Legacy how do I replace the air fuel ratio sensor on

how do I replace the air fuel ratio sensor on a 2005 subaru legacy
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ivan replied 4 years ago.

Ivan :

Hello and good evening. What size engine is in your Legacy? 4cylinder, 4 cylinder turbo or 6 cylinder?

Ivan :

Your JA Expert,

Ivan :

Ivan

JACUSTOMER-24mjw1as- :

its a 2.5l 4cylinder

Ivan :

You will find the location of the sensor on the diagram below. It's the front most sensor, located at the y-section of the exhaust. The sensor is screwed in, but you will need an oxygen sensor socket that will allow you to get into the recess created by the heatsheild. Once you find the sensor, follow the wiring harness to the plug. Disconnect the plug and use the socket and a ratchet or all depending on the design of the socket, you may be able to get on the socket with a wrench. Loosen and remove.

JACUSTOMER-24mjw1as- :

i ordered the sensor do i need to purchase a new gasket im assuming it will have one with it

Ivan :

No, it should have a crush washer as part of the new sensor. It should have a little never sieze on the threads when you get it, if not apply a little, just to make sure, you will have no problems in the future.

JACUSTOMER-24mjw1as- :

ok great. i appreciate it, this is my first time using this site. do i just hit accept to pay? can I down load the diagram you sent?

Ivan :

Yes, accepting is all you need to do, You should be able to right click on the diagram and save it, then print it out.

Ivan :

If you have any issues with saving and printing let me know.

JACUSTOMER-24mjw1as- :

got thank you.

Ivan :

you are very welcome

Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech w/ 20+ years in the field. Self employed for 9 years. Member of AUTOLAB radio show.