Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

what is the wiring diagram for the 2003 subaru baja factory

Customer Question

what is the wiring diagram for the 2003 subaru baja factory radio
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Kevin C :

Welcome to Justanswers,I'm Kevin and I am here to resolve your Automotive issue

Kevin C :

I am switching to the Q&A format to better serve you

Customer :

hi kevin

Kevin C :

Hello, I am getting you the wiring diagram...I am switching to Q&A also

Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
Is this a McIntosh Audio system ? most are not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's a factory radio what i need to do is build a wiring harness but i can't get a ready made one here. so i am using the recepticle from the old radio i plan to solder and heat shrink the connections

Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
okay, I am going to send the diagram now, it is in 2 parts since it is a 2 page diagram straight from Subaru
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
graphicgraphic

Edited by Kevin C on 9/6/2010 at 8:46 PM EST
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
The last post should be both pages together, I hope this is what you need
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
I am also sending you the color code for the wiresgraphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kevin this doesn't look like what ive got. ive got a 14pin keyed connector its got the top row 3 pins then the key and 3 more pins on the bottom its got 8 pins

Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
let me check, the blue connector or white?

Edited by Kevin C on 9/6/2010 at 8:58 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
White
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
I'm looking at the pin connectors in the diagrams at the bottom of each diagram, they are both 14 pin connectors.. I26 and R98
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Athe model of the old radio is 86201AE27A ref # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
The white connector is the one that connected to the original radio, that is the I 26 connector fromthe diagram.

Edited by Kevin C on 9/6/2010 at 9:10 PM EST
Expert:  Kevin C. replied 3 years ago.
Subaru diagrams are not the easiest to read, may take a bit of studying them