Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Tribeca battery went dead..After jumping, check engine

Customer Question

Subaru Tribeca battery went dead..After jumping, check engine light is on, cruise light is on and trac control light is on..Battery checked and is good. How do I reset lights
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

You can disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to turn the lights out. You may also be able to used a code reader.Most parts stores have code readers and will turn it off at no charge for you. If the lights come back on however, this indicates an actual fault and the codes will have to be checked and repairs made.

Hope his helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate you answer, but it took way to long to get to me..My local AutoZone fixed the problem yesterday evening..Disconnecting the battery was the solution..
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

ok, no problem, glad to here it is resolved! Thanks for trying JA,I am normally a bit quicker on the answers,just took yesterday off!

Thanks again!