George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years

subaru tribeca: install belt on alternator/compressor..diagram

how to install belt on alternator/compressor on subaru tribeca 2006 do you have a diagram?

Hello I will help you with your question,

Here is the service information for the belt, look it over and let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you

1. Install the tool to belt tension adjuster assembly installation bolt.
  2. Rotate the tool clockwise and loosen the V-belt to remove.

1. Remove the V-belt cover.

Install in the reverse order of removal.

1. Replace the V-belt, if cracks, fraying or wear is found.
  2. Make sure that the V-belt automatic belt tension indicator (A) is within the range (D).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when trying to turn counterclockwise we lose tension on the belt, is the belt on wrong? sorry i am a girl translating from the garage

Check the routing of the belt, print the diagram and hold it up to the front of the engine so you can see the belt routing and never be sorry for being a girl!!

Ther tensioner does loosen the belt when it is turned clockwise when viewed from the front of the engine so the routing must be wrong.

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it seems to be stuck and wont turn counterclockwise?? I have no idea

If the tensioner has been forced it may be broken and need replacement but the tensioner should move to the end of its travel counterclockwise by spring pressure. You do not turn it counterclockwise only turn clockwise and when it gets to the end of the travel don't force it further. If you are installing a new belt make sure it is the same size as the old belt, put it on one of the smooth pullies last it will slip on easier.

Once the belt is installed be sure to check the built in gauge shown in the last diagram. The tensioner has to ride in this area or it needs to be replaced.

Let me know if you need further help and what difficulties you are running into.

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

we'll try it thanks so much,

I will be around for another hour tonight and some of the day tomorrow if you need to ask me anything

Thanks for using JA!!