jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician

How can I replace a windshield washer pump

How can I replace a windshield washer pump?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 6 years ago.

1. The front washer system consists of a washer tank, motor and pump unit, and a pair of nozzles.
  2. The washer tank is installed behind the front bumper under the left headlight.
  3. The washer motor and pump unit is installed at the bottom of the washer tank. graphicyou have to remove the frt bumper face to gain acess to the washer pump,Disengage the three clips, and then remove the mud guard and front under cover,Turn over the mud guard, and remove one inside clip that secure the front bumper to the fender,
    1. Turn over the mud guard and disconnect the fog light connector.
    2. Remove the seven clips, and then lightly pull the bumper to remove it.
    3. Remove the E/A form from bumper beam. NOTE: Do not apply excessive force to remove the E/A form because it is easily damaged graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This looks like a big job. I want to find out about the availability of the pump motor before I begin.
I want t o reserve the ability for follow up question after I "Accept" Is that OK?