AutoDoc
AutoDoc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Tech with Advanced Level (L1) - 20 Years Exp. with multiple makes of vehicle
18658490

2006 wrx, engine light, P410, sometimes P2443, then brings

Customer Question

2006 wrx, engine light, P410, sometimes P2443, then brings in p420.
Dealer replaced catylic converter for the P420,but no luck in long term.
Secondary air intake seems to be the source, however, not sure how to fix.
No dealer has dealt with this error before.
any adviceon how to pin pint issue?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  AutoDoc replied 7 years ago.

HELLO,

THE CODE P410 IS A 'GENERIC' GLOBAL CODE FOR SECONDARY A.I.R. SYSTEM MALFUNCTION - THE P2443 IS SUBARU SPECIFIC FOR S.A.C. VALVE (SECONDARY AIR COMBINATION VALVE) BANK #2 - THE VALVES ALLOW FRESH AIR INTO THE CONVERTER TO HELP WITH THE GAS CONVERSION - A SIGNAL WAS SENT TO THE PCM THAT THE VALVE WAS STUCK CLOSED WHEN A COMMAND FOR AIR FLOW OCCURED - IT COULD BE ANYTHING FROM A PINCHED HOSE TO A BAD VALVE TO A BLOWN FUSE. I HAVE ATTACHED A FLOW CHART TO HELP WITH THE DIAGNOSIS. THANKS, DAVE.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

without the wiring diagram, these checks are impossible, where do i get the diagram? Is there anything a home mechanic can do or is the only option to go to a dealer for the tooling?

If so, how do I get them to follow this?

Expert:  AutoDoc replied 7 years ago.
WITHOUT THROWING PARTS AT IT, IT SHOULD BE DIAGNOSED BY AND REPAIRED BY A DEALERSHIP - I AM NOT SURE WHY YOUR DEALERSHIP IS HAVING SUCH A PROBLEM WITH THE REPAIR - IT IS A PRETTY STRAIGHT-FORWARD CODE AND THE FLOWCHART IS BASED OUT OF A SUBARU REPAIR MANUAL. THEY SHOULD HAVE AMPLE INFORMATION TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE VIA BOOKS OR A CENTRALIZED DATA BASE - ESPECIALLY IF IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. I AM WORKING ON GETTING A WIRING DIAGRAM - HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY SOURCE. THANKS, DAVE
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok<