George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years

re; your answer to headlight adjust for 2006 Subaru forester

Customer Question

re; your answer to headlight adjust for 2006 Subaru forester . . . after examining my car and trying to match the diagram you sent and the instructions, they don;\'t seem to apply to my car. by the way . . . the directions seem to indicate that both high and low beams are adusted at the same time. How then, since my high beams are currently lower than my low beams can a single adjustment correct this problem?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Since the problem started when the low beam bulb was replaced I suspect that the bulb is not seated. The inclination of the beams relative to each other is set by the headlamp housing so when you move the housing both will move together. Since you rejected my eariler answer there is no way for me to respond in that thread as I asked you if you had further questions to please ask.

JA site administration asks that all communication for a single question be kept in the same thread.

If you have a 2006 USA spec Forester the information I posted is for your vehicle.

If you have the vehicle that was manufactured for some other country or is for another year the information will not apply.

Instead of rejecting the answer please allow me to reply to your questions and concerns so that you will get the answer you asked for

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. How can I adjust the lights so that I can get the high beams above rather than below the low beams. by the way. they reseated the low beam and now both low beams seem aligned properly. The big problem is that the high beams hit the road only a couple of car lengths in fron of the car. Again, I don't find any adjustment device that would accept a screw driver. Also, the dealer told me that a hex head nut(bolt?) found in the area where your diagram show a vertical beam 8mm is the only adjustment device. So you can appreciate that I am confused, especially since the technition at the dealership seems unable to correct this problem.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.
OK a few questions first, Does your Forester have HID lamps or do you have the normal halogen bulbs? A clue is the price of the replacement bulb the HID is very expensive. Second do you have a headlamp leveling system? some were equipped with this. Can you give me the last eight numbers/letters of your Vehicles VIN number please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
normal halogen bulbs don't know if have leveling system, how would i identify such a thing? going to get vin # XXXXX pls wait , . . 73149788 must leave for commerrative event so pls contact by email and I will reply later tonight thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.
I will see what I can come up with for you, look for my post later tonight
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

The only information I have for you is what I have posted so I am going to OPT OUT of this question and allow other experts to see it and they may be able to help you further