Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

2006 Outback: acc..my local dealership has not been able..replacing

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Outback wagon which recently began displaying the Acc Err message on the Information Panel (temp, clock). Whatever is the problem is causing the battery to drain and the guy at my local dealership has not been able to figure out the problem. He did try replacing the clock pod but it did not help.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Hi there! The 06 outback has a open harness connector under the seat for a tire pressure monitor system. This year was not equiped with that system. The plug gets corroded and causes problems with the clock pod. He needs to remove the drivers seat and find the connector. He will find a green wire with a yellow tracer going to this connector. It powers the clock pod and makes this flash and stay on. If he cuts the green/yellow wire, it should resolve the problem. I spent 18 hours labor to find this problem. I am sure it will resove the issue. Hope this helps! Thanks
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience: Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I called the dealership and they will try it in the morning. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem in which case you've got a bonus coming. All my searching on the web was unable to find the answer but the problem was reported by a number of people.

Thanks,

Jim

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the accept! I am sure it will resolve the problem. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Mike,

You were dead on, it was the correct solution. The dealership had not been able to resolve it and were going to install a new clock pod as a shot in the dark. This saved me a lot of money and frustration so I've sent along a bonus. Great Job!

Jim

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the bonus!! I had a customer with that problem. I contacted the subaru tech line for help. Their answer was,"let us know when you figure it out!" That is the last thing you want to hear when you need help! 18 labor hours later I called them back.
I will never forget that one!
Thanks again for the bonus!