walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I live in a villa complex of 5 units that are 8 years old. I

Customer Question

I live in a villa complex of 5 units that are 8 years old . I would like to know the regulations regarding the depth of electrical cabling under concrete driveways and garden beds. Also who has the responsibilty to inspect the work during construction?Kind regards Rob
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?
Customer: No thanks. We are having a few problems regarding the original construction' To date it has cost the body corporate $44000 to fix them
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 4 months ago.

I can help

What city and state are you located in so I can look at your local Building Code?

Let me know when you come back online

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am back online now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney Australia in the state of New South Wales

Sorry about the phone call. I am in the US and not sure what a phone call to Australia would be. Do you mind using the online Chat?

1. What type of cabling or conduit do you have buried? (direct burial cable, rigid conduit, etc)

2. How thick is your concrete driveway slab?

Here are the National Electric Code requirements, take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please note that about 4 days ago I emailed you and cancelled my request . I also cancelled my membership and have an email from them confirming the cancellation. I do not understand why my email to you does not appear on the list of emails between us. I sent my email cancelling my request on the 9th January after you asked for details of the conduit. I am not an electrician and have no idea what type of conduit was used other that it is orange in colour No more emails please. Thank you

Ok, sorry to bother you.

Good Luck with your issue!