How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask walkereng Your Own Question

walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2632
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a villa complex of 5 units that are 8 years old. I

Customer Question

I live in a villa complex of 5 units that are 8 years old . I would like to know the regulations regarding the depth of electrical cabling under concrete driveways and garden beds. Also who has the responsibilty to inspect the work during construction?Kind regards Rob
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Structural Engineer should be aware of?
Customer: No thanks. We are having a few problems regarding the original construction' To date it has cost the body corporate $44000 to fix them
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 10 days ago.

I can help

What city and state are you located in so I can look at your local Building Code?

Expert:  walkereng replied 10 days ago.

Let me know when you come back online

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am back online now.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney Australia in the state of New South Wales
Expert:  walkereng replied 10 days ago.

Sorry about the phone call. I am in the US and not sure what a phone call to Australia would be. Do you mind using the online Chat?

Expert:  walkereng replied 10 days ago.

1. What type of cabling or conduit do you have buried? (direct burial cable, rigid conduit, etc)

2. How thick is your concrete driveway slab?

Expert:  walkereng replied 10 days ago.

Here are the National Electric Code requirements, take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Expert:  walkereng replied 8 days ago.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please note that about 4 days ago I emailed you and cancelled my request . I also cancelled my membership and have an email from them confirming the cancellation. I do not understand why my email to you does not appear on the list of emails between us. I sent my email cancelling my request on the 9th January after you asked for details of the conduit. I am not an electrician and have no idea what type of conduit was used other that it is orange in colour No more emails please. Thank you
Expert:  walkereng replied 7 days ago.

Ok, sorry to bother you.

Good Luck with your issue!

Related Structural Engineering Questions