walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.

My city contracted with a company to construct a bridge

Customer Question

My city contracted with a company to construct a bridge across a waterway. It is located very close to my home. My house suffered damage from heavy continuous shaking on several days. Before construction started I had expressed concern about possible damage. A construction company representative, an independent project manager and I, completed before and after initial pile driving and placement of foundation forms inspections. Damage was found during the 2nd inspection. I asked the City contracted manager of the project for a report on the damages we 3 had found during our follow up inspection. He did not provide a report of damages but referred me to the city for a form to file a claim. I have the claim form. Do you have any experience w/ this sort of situation. Can you refer me to on line description of how I can best proceed moving forward or what my 1st steps beyond filing the claim and probable rejection of it should. I do not have an estimate of the damage as determined by an expert to in
Due in the claim. Should I speak to a lawyer specializing in this type of situation before I file a claim on the City's form?c
, city hired,
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 months ago.

I can help

Do you have a description of the types of damage your experienced?

Do you have any pictures of the damage?

I am still here to help if you need it.

Let me know when you come back online