How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask walkereng Your Own Question

walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2442
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My city contracted with a company to construct a bridge

Customer Question

My city contracted with a company to construct a bridge across a waterway. It is located very close to my home. My house suffered damage from heavy continuous shaking on several days. Before construction started I had expressed concern about possible damage. A construction company representative, an independent project manager and I, completed before and after initial pile driving and placement of foundation forms inspections. Damage was found during the 2nd inspection. I asked the City contracted manager of the project for a report on the damages we 3 had found during our follow up inspection. He did not provide a report of damages but referred me to the city for a form to file a claim. I have the claim form. Do you have any experience w/ this sort of situation. Can you refer me to on line description of how I can best proceed moving forward or what my 1st steps beyond filing the claim and probable rejection of it should. I do not have an estimate of the damage as determined by an expert to in
Due in the claim. Should I speak to a lawyer specializing in this type of situation before I file a claim on the City's form?c
, city hired,
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 6 months ago.

I can help

Do you have a description of the types of damage your experienced?

Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Expert:  walkereng replied 6 months ago.

I am still here to help if you need it.

Expert:  walkereng replied 6 months ago.

Let me know when you come back online

Related Structural Engineering Questions