StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer

I purchased my town home 2 years ago. The home was built 4

Customer Question

I purchased my town home 2 years ago. The home was built 4 years ago. Last summer, I was made aware of cracks in the 3 rooms I had wood floors installed and immediately got my camera out to take pictures. There is a crack in the garage that leads up into the dining room and the crack in the tile of the dining room is spreading which tells me there is serious problem. I discovered there is also a crack in one of the walls upstairs. I did some research to determine what might be causing the cracking and discovered this can be a very serious problem and that I should have it checked out by a structural engineer ASAP. To make sure it wasn't just my town home, I visited with the owners of the adjoining town homes and they verified my suspicions that this is not just my problem. I want a reputable company to come check it out but I'm not sure whom I should call. Can you help me?
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 2 months ago.
Can you show me some pictures?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try. Give me a minute.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I would send pictures. Sorry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I apologize for the delay. I did not receive a notice that you had responded. I will submit the phone call offer now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is Judy Box again. I had asked you about a structural engineer re the cracks I've seen in my floors
Hello Judy
Are you able to post the pictures? My email address is***@******.***