walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I'm building a 52x52 pole building. My post are on 8 ft

Customer Question

I'm building a 52x52 pole building . My post are on 8 ft centers with a 12.6 ceiling . I plan to use 2x12 s on each side of the post . Area plan guy wants proof that this is strong enough to hold the trusses . I need this info . Please help .
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 5 months ago.

I can help

Do you have any type of drawing or sketch you can share with me?

Let me know hen you come back online, I am still here to help

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm around if you can give me a call .

Something happened when I tried to accept the last phone call request, the system did not allow it and your phone number was not displayed. It said something about a payment problem.

If you would like a phone call, it looks like you will need to put in another Phone Call Request that I can accept and then your phone number is ***** just to me.

We need to just continue with this question.

Can you draw a rough sketch you can share with me?

The Chat Window has button that allows you to attach files.

Expert:  walkereng replied 4 months ago.

I found your question.

I’d like to point out that a Professional Engineer’s standard of care typically includes a site visit to assess field conditions and get an overall understanding of the structure. This can obviously not be accomplished through the internet. The information provided here is meant for planning purposes only (general sizing and budgeting) and is based on the information provided by you. All loading cases considered are for vertical loads only, no lateral analysis has been completed. The information should be verified by a professional engineer who can visit the site to ensure that potentially important information has not been overlooked or omitted.

Since your LVL member is a single member and it is not Fully Braced, you need to use the following:

Single 2-5/8" x 9-1/4" Versa-Lam 1.7 2650 SP beam to span your 8' spans with a single point load truss at midspan.

I have attached a new computer printout for this beam below:

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Let me know if you have any questions

I am still here to help if you need it