walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.

I need a steel beam to carry a house 26 foot in width with

Customer Question

I need a steel beam to carry a house 26 foot in width with standard 50 psf loading. the beam must span 27 feet.
JA: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Im involved in relocating an existing home over a new foundation. The owner is requesting a large clear span beam, 27 feet. to also carry the home span which is 26 feet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?
Customer: The home does have a conventional framed roof. Ceiling joist are applying a load over the beam also. The rafters do not apply any loading upon the beam
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Structural Engineer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 5 months ago.
I can help. Can I get back with you tomorrow?

Sorry for the long delay.

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

Let me know if you still need help