StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I am a contractor and do all kinds of construction including

Customer Question

I am a contractor and do all kinds of construction including structural repair. I just went to a house and looked at a job and would like some input on pricing the project. The project is sistering 2x8 floor joists from the outside wall sill plate to the triple 2x8 girder running parallel to the wall in the center of the crawl space. The span from the outside wall to the girder is 12'. The joists are 2x8, the crawl space is about 3 ft, and the homeowner already has the material. My price is just labor. Nohing has to be jacked up. A few boards do need to be removed. But it is 11 joists in total that that need to be installed
Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The job is in Portsmouth va
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 7 months ago.
Hello.
How will you get them into the crawlspace and can you maneuver them into place? do any need to have utilities routed through them?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can get them in through the crawl space, access hole there is hvac duct work that I will have to maneuver them around and some plumbing pipes i also have to maneuver them around but none through the joists.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They will be tough to maneuver in but doesn't need to be jacked up
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I kind of need an answer sooner rather than later
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey man I need to give this guy a price and would like your your opinion. Should I ask someone else or have will you be able to respond
I apologize for the delay. I never received a notice hat you responded. I would a lot about two hours per joist.