walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

First question is are you able to provide pe "stamp" so i

Customer Question

Hi...first question is are you able to provide pe "stamp" so i can take the analysis to my local city building dept for approval of my house remodel project. If not, i still have to hire a local pe. Question is: i currently have separate kitchen and laundry room. Span over kichen is 10' 6". Span over laundry room is 6'. There are 7 pairs of 2 x 10 joists that currently bear on the wall common to both rooms. I want to take down wall, replace current joists with single joists that span both rooms. So i need to span about 17'. Still want to keep 2x10 vs deeper joists. Need analysis that says this will work. I' m guessing that LVL beams will be able to do this. House is 2 story colonial, kitchen on main floor, located in southern michigan. Thanks, Ron
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I can help. Can I ge back to you in a couple hours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure

Hello Ron. This site is not set up to provide stamps. I wouldn't fee comfortable stamping anything without visiting the structure myself to verify all information provided is accurate. I am happy to help with a size so you know what to expect, but can't provide a stamp.