StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I need help with a design poured concrete floor over a

Customer Question

I need help with a design for a poured concrete floor over a basement area. The space is 10' wide, outside to outside, and 30' long, outside to outside. I have a few designs I have reviewed, and need some guidance with selecting the most cost efficient design and will also need some design details.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello

How are you doing? I'll be happy to assist you. I can review your designs and help you with selecting the most cost effective. If you need details I can provide that as an additional service.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is a sketch with some detail, and a another page with a few options I have been looking at
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to use the I-beam design, but am not sure about what size beams to use and what the spacing would be. I need the slab to be </= 8.5"

If you're pouring a concrete slab anyway, eliminating the beams and using a more robust slab with more reinforcing will be more cost effective

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The third or bottom photo of the page I sent would be the suggested method?

Yes. It will be

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As the walls are already poured, could you provide the details for necessary forms and rebar spacing? If so, how much would that cost?

Yes, I can provide that information and a couple detail sketches. I'm not allowed to discuss cost in the chat, but I will submit the offer for you to consider. If you accept the offer, I will have a few more questions for you and can provide all information by 9 pm EST.

It will include concrete strength, slab thickness, rebar size and spacing for top and bottom in both directions, and connection to the existing wall.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay. Sounds good.

I submitted the offer. It will take several hours to complete, so if you accept I'll have it to you around 9.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to figure out why it won't process my payment after I click the accept button.

You can contact customer service about that. I don't have anything to do with the billing portion

If you intend to accept the offer, let me know and I'll get started.

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.

Hello, do you still need help with this?