StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I did a roof in New Haven Ct.the sheeting failed. I used 1/4

Customer Question

I did a roof in New Haven Ct.the sheeting failed. I used 1/4 inch panel board doubled to give me the 1/2 decking I had to replace.they the city inspector said he never seen it done that why so he failed it and told me I had to get a Structural Engineer to tell me what I can do to get it to pass by doing something from under the roof from 3rd floor ceiling so hopefully I can do something without having to rip up roof
Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looking for a way to get it passed by strengthen up from the beams hopefully what I can do to get it passed without ripping up the roof and starting over
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Two layers of 1/4 plywood is not the same as 1/2" plywood. 1/4" plywood is not good in a high snow region

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.