StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I have a site plan unit where I need to know if some walls

Customer Question

Hi. I have a site plan for a unit where I need to know if some walls can be taken out. Would you be able to assist.
Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is the site Plan. Basically, I want to know: if the three walls on the attached file can be taken down? Are they supporting walls in any way?
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 10 months ago.

Hello

I can help. I am away from my computer. Can I get back to you tomorrow?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not a problem. Please respond tomorrow.

Thank you.

I'm looking at the plan, but there is no structural information shown at all to make any determination about the walls. This appears to be an architectural drawing. Do you have a structural drawing?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi: Can you send me your email address? The file with all the drawings is too large 17 megs.

I'm not allowed to post personal contact information. You can upload them to mediafire.com and post the URL here for me to access

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Here is the link to the entire drawings from the city. Please let me know which walls can be taken down.
https://www.mediafire.com/?d1dczw4je886e3yI need this information very quickly now since i need to move on a possible lease of the place.Best regards,

i will download these drawings and look at them today

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still no respose. Have you downloaded the files? can you let me know which walls can come down?? I needed this ASAP.With best regards,

I have downloaded the drawings and looked at them. This question came through with low urgency and detail and that is not at all representative of this question. I can make some assumptions based on the drawings, but they are not consistent for some of the walls you want to remove. Some you just can't without adding beams, others are unclear. I would need to have you get some additional information from the site.