walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

Im ***** ***** and I'm just trying to work out if i can use

Customer Question

Customer: hi im ***** ***** and I'm just trying to work out if i can use aluminium steel tubing 25x25x1.6 (2400 Long)as a racking system for my warehouse. I have plenty of aluminum tube and would not cost much to do, but i dont want to go out and buy steel. I would need it to be able to support at maximum 5 ton space out over a region of 10,000mm x 4000mm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The idea was to dyna bolt the aluminum to the walls at the correct height and then have crossbars going the 10 metre length on every meter mark. with the ones against the wall it mean 4 lengths at 10 metres. I would then also have uprights spacced every 1.5metresto support the racking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Structural Engineering Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long do you think. Its just i need to get to the hardware store to get supplies
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 11 months ago.

Hello

How are you doing? I'll be happy to assist you. Can you post a sketch of what you want to do?