walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

Report

Customer Question

report
Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to install one or more lvl beams in a building that is approx 25' long. If I provide particulars about the building, could an engineer here prepare a written report 1 page explaining what type of lvl is recommended and deliver the report back to me in pdf?
Expert:  walkereng replied 11 months ago.

I can help

Before we get started I’d like to point out that a Professional Engineer’s standard of care typically includes a site visit to assess field conditions and get an overall understanding of the structure. This can obviously not be accomplished through the internet. The information provided here is meant for planning purposes only (general sizing and budgeting) and is based on the information provided by you. All loading cases considered are for vertical loads only, no lateral analysis has been completed. The information should be verified by a professional engineer who can visit the site to ensure that potentially important information has not been overlooked or omitted.

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

Let me know when you come back online