walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I have a span of 28 feet from wall to wall with a 8x8x16

Customer Question

Customer: I have a span of 28 feet from wall to wall with a 8x8x16 block foundation 2 ft. high. can I use a triple 93/4 x 11/2x 28 LVL for support?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The structure was built in the 70s. It is a one story fellowship building. We are wanting to remove 2 folding doors with a column and open the area .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Structural Engineering Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you come back online