How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2500
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to replace a steel I beam that spans 18' that

Customer Question

I want to replace a steel I beam that spans 18' that supports a second story living area with an attic above that. I wood like it to be wood, and also recessed up into the floor with the floor joists meeting the sides, as opposed to supporting the joists from underneath.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Thea wood beam will be much deeper. Are you aware of that?

Related Structural Engineering Questions