walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

Looking good online calculator to calculate underfloor

Customer Question

Looking for a good online calculator to calculate underfloor girders & supports for light conventional framing.... (I have no problems with span charts for the floorjoists, or getting the right sub floor - easy out of the code directly - just having a time knowing that my girders and supports are sized correctly)
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

I'm not aware of an online calculator for girders, but I can size one for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but I need to be able to do it myself on an ongoing basis. Any suggestions?

I can develop an excel spreadsheet for you as an additional service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would you charge to build the spreadsheet? (by the way...My daughter is a structural engineer, I could ask her to do the same, I was just trying to deal with this on my own - so this might be a waste of your time. Please don't be offended if I don't take you up on it :-) ).

I'm not allowed to discuss cost in the chat. I will submit the offer for you. It will require you to put in the material properties, sizes, load, deflection ratio limit, and will assume the top is fully braced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by you will submit an offer for me.... as to the rest, ok I can enter all of that. But I need to make sure this is for sisemic zone D0 and wind speed 85. So you will submit an offer?