StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I have a concrete floor where it was previously acid stained

Customer Question

I have a concrete floor where it was previously acid stained and the finish kept coming off in isolated areas. I have since had a vinyl plank floor installed but now again in those isolated areas I have the vinyl plank lifting off and the glue is a liquid mess under those planks. The other planks are glued solid and have no issues. The moisture level is dry in the concrete plus it's on a suspended slab. But a inspector did a PH test and it's reading a PH level of 13. The PH level of 13 is only in the problem areas, the good areas are in a PH level of around 7. Do you have any ideas on what has caused this? Also any ideas on how to rectify this?
thanks
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

At what depth were the pH levels taken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surface level

It may just be that the acid never wore off the surface in one area. That's the most likely scenario.

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic? If you could rate my answer, I would appreciate it.