StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I am an aerial acrobat opening a circus arts training

Customer Question

Hello! I am an aerial acrobat opening a circus arts training studio. I am trying to determine the rating/breaking point of the existing trusses in our new facility so that we can rig our equipment safely from the ceiling. Is there a way to submit information/pictures online in order to determine the rating or our trusses? And if so, what information, measurements, pictures, would I need?
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I can help with this. What you're asking for is a major effort.
I will submit an additional service offer and then list out all of the information I will need here along with the assumptions I will need to make. If you accept the offer, I will provide you with the information by 11 pm EST tomorrow.
I will need to know if they are roof trusses or floor trusses.Are they steel or wood?What is the overall height of the trusses?What is the spacing of the trusses?What do they currently support?What is the top chord and bottom chord made of?What are the webs made of?I will need a dimensioned sketch of the truss.I will need pictures of the trusses.