walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

My left side rock outer exterior porch needed to lifted up

Customer Question

My left side rock outer exterior porch needed to lifted up because the ground had eroded from the under the porch causing it to separate. I hired a company that came out, installed 3 piers, lifted this side of the porch almost even with the right side of the porch. A 30year warranty was given. After several years, one of the piers has slipped down and is not ever with the other piers. The company will handle that. My problem is the porch is so out of round, that the right side of the porch, according that company needs to have 5 piers installed to lift it up. The right side of the porch is sitting on solid ground. This side has substantial support. The left side that was jacked up at one time was a cold bin, so it never had full support. I need a structural engineer to look at this. I think the left side jack slipping is the cause of the out of square effect. What do you thinnk?
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I can help. Can I get back to you in a couple hours?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancelled membership
So you no longer want help? Goodnight ice with your project.