walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I emailed you earlier re truss bridge... You suggest I use

Customer Question

I emailed you earlier re truss bridge... You suggest I use steel beams. I am interested in your sizing - definitely.
Today is a bit inconvenient to supply you with the details however. I was out earlier sizing beams at the local steel yard..... but naturally, the good folks behind the counter responded to essential questions by observing that they weren't engineers... OK:
One bank is fully twenty foot higher than the low scalloped bank of a creek that is dry in the summer but that drains several thousand acres and rampages when it runs. No desire to build a mid creek pier. It's fifty feet from the high side abutment location to the location of the low side abutment. The low side towers would include diagonal braces running back to the beams thus reducing the absolute span on the order of six-ten feet. I intend to limit the weight load to 2tons - not including the decking materials..... As I wrote above, it's not possible to finish our conversation at this time but I do hope to hear you opinion advice and numbers. When might I next find you online - or how else to contact you to resume conversation? Cordially, Joe
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joe. Let me take a look back at your previous question