How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2490
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Building inspector says I have to install tempered glass in

Customer Question

Building inspector says I have to install tempered glass in my existing windows because I plan to locate a new bathtub near them. Can I get someone to replace inner and outer glass in my marvin window sashes as a cheaper solution to buying new sashes?
Do you have to replace BOTH the inner and outer sheets of glass..... and do installers generally do reliable job sealing the unit so I don't get condensation in-between? Top and bottom 33 x 30 sashes for two windows gets expensive.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for requesting me, but window pane replacement is not my area of expertise. If you ever have a structural issue, let me know

Related Structural Engineering Questions