StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I Gregg and I am trying to find out how to calculate the size and requ

Customer Question

I Gregg and I am trying to find out how to calculate the size and requirements for concrete base for a 4"sq X 20'L steel light pole with a MH box type fixture. Also how deep in the ground.
Thank you,
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
I can help. Can I get back to you?
Do you want a sonotube or rectangular footing? I can size it for you, but prefer not to get into engineering lessons online. Is that reasonable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that will be fine, I need it to be a round sonotube . Just for clarity purposes I'm looking for the entire concrete light pole base size and depth into the ground with 24" above grade.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you for over an hour, how long should I wait.
Thank you,
My IBC is in the office. I will be there in the morning to get it. I need minimum soil parameters prescribed by the code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see that my question has been answered. I see that my credit card has made payment and been acknowledged.
Please follow up with requested information.
Thanks again,
I still need the design shear and moment. I thought I said that, but I don't see it above.
The design shear and moment will be dependent upon the location and design wind speed.
If you don't have this information, I can do the wind analysis as an additional service. If you accepted that, I would provide all information by 9 pm EST
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The average wind speed for Laconia, NH is 6mph and the maximum recorded wind speed is 51mph.
I apologize for not seeing that you required additional information.
Thank you,
That is for the additional service offer. If you don't want the additional service I will need the design shear and moment at the top of the sonotube