StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I would like to know what size beam would need to be

Customer Question

I would like to know what size beam would need to be installed to remove a Supporting wall. The beam would need to span. 22' or 17' with a column. The wall supports a 2nd floor living space and runs from an exterior wall to a continuing wall. The 2nd flr
joists are 2x6 spanning 13' on one side 12' on the other. Also what size columns and footings. I would preferably like to ise wood over steal if possible due to ease of installation.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I can help with this, but the question is very under priced. I will submit an additional service offer for you. If you accept, I'll work to get you an answer right away.
It looks like the additional service offer never went through. I just submitted it again. If you accept it, I will get you all information within 12 hours from when you accept.