Cher
Cher, #1 JustAnswer Spanish Expert/Mentor
Experience:  Spanish Teacher & Tutor 35+ years Experience; Masters Degree Spanish/Education; Translator
1470369

I need these answered in an hour. please

1. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. Anoche Isabel me (decir) que Carlos (estar) enfermo. 

2. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. Yo no (saber) que Eduardo (ser) casado. 

3. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. Lo (saber) anoche cuando yo (conocer) a su esposa. (Points : 1)

4. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. Cuando mi hermano y yo (ser) jóvenes, (vivir) en Ecuador. (Points : 1)

5. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. En 1996 nosotros (venir) a vivir en San Diego y (conocer) a mi novia. (Points : 1)

6. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. (Llover) a cántaros y (hacer) frío. (Points : 1)

7. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. Cuando yo (ir) a la biblioteca, (ver) un accidente. (Points : 1)

8. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. (Ser) las cuatro de la tarde cuando yo (salir). (Points : 1)

9. Conjugate the verbs in parenthesis into the preterit and/or imperfect depending on the meaning of the sentence. (Ser) muy triste porque (morir) dos personas. (Points : 1)

10. Fill in the blank with the indicated reflexive verb: Ella ______________ (goes to bed) a las diez. (Points : 1)

11. Fill-in the blank with the indicated reflexive verb in Spanish: Marta ________________(takes a bath) todas las noches. (Points : 1)

12. Answer the following question with a complete sentence using a reflexive construction. ¿Dónde te bañas? (Points : 1)

13. Answer the following question with a complete sentence using a reflexive construction. ¿Con qué te lavas? (Points : 1)

14. Answer the following question with a complete sentence using a reflexive construction. ¿Con qué te afeitas? (Points : 1)

15. Answer the following question with a complete sentence using a reflexive construction. ¿A qué hora te duermes

16. Form a sentence with the elements provided, using reflexive constructions. Ellos/acostarse/a las doce

17. Form a sentence with the elements provided, using reflexive constructions. Yo no/despertarse/a las siete

18. Describe your daily routine using reflexive constructions in Spanish. Make sure to create at least four complete sentences with a verb in each. These are some the verbs that you could use. (despertarse, bañarse, cepillarse, dormirse, afeitarse, cepillarse, etc.)

19. Answer the following question, using the cues provided. (Hace… meaning ago) ¿Cuánto tiempo hace que conociste a tu mejor amiga?

20. Answer the following question, using the cues provided. (Hace… meaning ago) ¿Cuánto tiempo hace que tú y tu familia fueron de vacaciones?

21. Answer the following question, using the cues provided. (Hace… meaning ago) ¿Cuánto tiempo hace que fuiste al cine?

22. Describe some of your childhood activities using the imperfect past tense in Spanish. Make sure to create at least four complete sentences with a different imperfect verb each. These are some the verbs that you could use. (jugar, hacer, estudiar, bailar, comer, ir, vivir, etc.)

23. Rewrite and combine the following sentences, using: que, quien, or quienes. a) Ése es el señor. El señor vino la semana pasada. b) Éstos son los estudiantes. Los estudiantes tomaron mi clase.

Category: Spanish
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Thank you for requesting me to answer your question. I attempted to reply and the question was locked, then the site wouldn't load this question.

I can definitely help you with these questions, but it will take more than an hour, due to the voluminous nature and number of questions.

Please let me know if you would like me to proceed and I will start immediately.

Thanks,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I'm ready to begin the work, but cannot, until I receive the go-ahead from you. Since there is so much work to be done and you originally said you needed this within an hour, I can't complete the work if you won't be able to use it. I'm sure you understand my position. Laughing

I'm ready, willing and able to do this for you now, so please let me know if you still need it.

Thanks very much!
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to unlock it. If you can please proceed and send when done. Thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your patience.

I'm almost finished with your assignment.

The site was experiencing technical problems and I could not get this message through to you until now.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, and thanks for your patience.

The site is still experiencing technical difficulties and I've been trying to send your answer for a while.

I noticed that this is the third Spanish question I've answered for you in the past couple of months and you never Rated my other two answers.

We work here, on an 'honor system'. You make a good faith deposit into your account, Experts answer your questions and we expect to be paid for our hard work. If you do not Rate the Expert's answers with 'Good' or "Excellent" (smiley faces), we do not get credit. It would be greatly appreciated if you would please Rate my previous answers and this current one, as well. I worked very hard on all of your answers. Thank you for your

understanding! Laughing

Please click HERE to download my answers for comparison with your own.

Please let me know as soon as you have successfully downloaded and saved the file to your computer. Thanks!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

~~If you wish to request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Experience: Spanish Teacher & Tutor 35+ years Experience; Masters Degree Spanish/Education; Translator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cher,

it is asking me for log in info when i click download

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wrong answers on most of them

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Can you please let me know which answers they said were wrong and if they supplied the correct answers, include them? I believe my answers were correct, according to the directions on the exam.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dijo, estaba

sabía, estaba

CORRECT ANSWER: sabía era

sabía,conocí

éramos, vivíamos

venimos, conocí

CORRECT ANSWER: vinimos, conocí

Llovía, hacía

fui, vi

CORRECT ANSWER: iba, vi

eran, salí

Fue, murieron

CORRECT ANSWER: Era, murieron

se acuesta

se baña

Me baño en la bañera.

WRONG

Me lavo con jabón.

Me afeito con una navaja.

WRONG:

Me duermo a las once.

Ellos se acuestan a las doce.

Yo no me despierto a las siete.

CORRECT ANSWER: Yo no me despierto a las siete

Me despierto a las nueve.

Después, me baño en la bañera.

Entonces, me cepillo los dientes.

También,

me cepillo el pelo.

WRONG ANSWER CORRECT ANSWER: A correct answer: Me despierto... Me cepillo...)

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

Please see my comments under specific questions in "bold" with " *** "

dijo, estaba

sabía, estaba

CORRECT ANSWER: sabía era

sabía,conocí

éramos, vivíamos

venimos, conocí

CORRECT ANSWER: vinimos, conocí

****(sorry, this was a typo on my part in 'vinimos')

Llovía, hacía

fui, vi

CORRECT ANSWER: iba, vi

**(sorry, I have to take issue with this one. 'fui' is the preterite and means 'I went', as in I went 'once' and the action was over; 'iba', means 'I used to go', in the imperfect, and indicates the action was done repeatedly over a period of time and is often translated as 'used to go'. It would not be appropriate to say 'When I used to go to the library, I saw an accident.' You didn't see an accident repeatedly every time you went to the library. It was an action that was done and over with.)**

eran, salí

Fue, murieron

CORRECT ANSWER: Era, murieron

***Same reason as #7, why the preterite (fue) and not the imperfect (era) should be used here; "I was sad because two people died". 'I was sad'--action was done and over, not 'I used to be sad', over a period of time.***

se acuesta

se baña

Me baño en la bañera.

WRONG

***why is this wrong? Question asks 'Where do you bathe?' Answer: I bathe in the bathtub. Correct construction is used.***

Me lavo con jabón.

Me afeito con una navaja.

WRONG:

***Again, why is it wrong? Asks: "With what do you shave?" Answer: I shave with a razor.****

Me duermo a las once.

Ellos se acuestan a las doce.

Yo no me despierto a las siete.

***Yes, this is what I had as the answer, and it is correct****

Me despierto a las nueve.

Después, me baño en la bañera.

Entonces, me cepillo los dientes.

También,

me cepillo el pelo.

***This is what I had, and it asked for complete sentences and that is what I wrote. I used the verb 'cepillarse' twice because it was listed twice.***

--------------------------------------------------------------

What was your final grade on the exam?

I recommend that you speak to you teacher about the answers that were marked 'incorrect' and ask why they were incorrect, using the reasons I provided. If this exam was graded by machine, mistakes can be made. If it was graded by a human, mistakes can also be made.

Please let me know what your teacher says re: the answers I commented on. Thanks!

Best regards,

Cher