Cher
Cher, #1 JustAnswer Spanish Expert/Mentor
Experience:  Spanish Teacher & Tutor 40+ years Experience; Masters Degree Spanish/Education; Translator
1470369

Hello,What does this translate to in english?amigo

Hello, What does this translate to in english?

amigo te morí ayer me isieron la despedida mis amigos y fuimos a miercolespo, me comí un mino exquisito le regale hasta el pañuelo jajajaja wna enamora, después llego mi amorsito y basile con el después se fue y te mori con quien me fui jajaj con el negro gyvens de los regetonboy jajajajjaj nos fuimos a su ksa le deje pata, al otro día todos le alegaban todos en s ksa mas en sima desperté con caña jajaj la wna penka. ya besitos

I can't really understand what this girl is trying to tell me. Its a bit too slang. Can you break it down please.

Category: Spanish
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Jim and welcome back to Just Answer.

It IS very slang and many words are also abbreviated and/or in 'text/computer-speak'. Can you tell me what country this girl is from and I'll try to translate this for you. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure, this girl is from Chile.

Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim and you're most welcome.

Thanks for letting me know she's from Chile. I'll send you the translation as soon as it is completed.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Awesome. Thanks.
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
No problem!

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim.

I'm so sorry it took this long, but many phrases to research and figure out. This is the 'gist' of what's being said; some things could not be translated:

Friend, I just about died yesterday when my friends made me say goodbye and we went to miercoles po (the name of a club?), I ate with a great guy, he gave a gift of a handkerchief hahaha he was in love with, after, my love arrived and I danced with him. afterwards, he left and I just about died with who he left me with haha with the black guy from the regetonboy (a musical group?) hahaha. we went to his house (le deje pata--not sure) everybody toasted him at his house and then on top of that, what a lousy situation, I woke up with a hangover haha. I send you little kisses.

--------------------------------------------------------

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Awesome. And one last little part I left out.

yo cuando llegue
quiero calcinarme al gyvens (That is the name of the regetonboy)
esta muy rico ese

I am not sure what calcinarme means.

This sounds like a sexual thing the way it is put.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also, if you don't mind, the two parts you left out...

le deje pata

and

la wna penka

What do they mean, if it is possible to translate them I will of course include more compensation.
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
HI again Jim,

My apologies, I just received notification of your replies.

I'm working on this for you now.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Hi again, Jim.

Here is your translation:

"When I arrived, I wanted to [as far as I can see, calcinarme means to melt down a powdery substance via means of high heat--drugs? so it may mean 'get high'] by gyvens. That's very rich. [rich not referring to money, but 'smooth']."

I don't think it's in reference to a sexual thing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Your second reply re: the first translation with:

le deje pata--this may be a sexual reference as you thought. 'pata' is a 'paw' of an animal or a 'leg' of a table. It may also mean, she let him 'paw' her (feel her up?).

and

la wna penka--should be spelled 'penca' (don't know what wna means, could be a texting abbreviation meaning 'buena'=good). This can have a sexual meaning, as one of the definitions of 'penca' is 'the male organ'.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated!
Laughing

Best regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim.

Just a follow up to see how things are going and if you need any additional assistance with your translation. If so, please click 'Reply to Expert' to let me know.

If you found my answer helpful, it would be appreciated if you would please take a moment to Rate it with a smiley face, as this is the only way in which I receive any compensation from the site for my work. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Cher, I am not sure you made the correct translation. Because the original paragraph can be seen to have different parts to it, in which your translation joins them together. Here is the paragraph split up:

amigo

te morí

ayer me isieron la despedida mis amigos y fuimos a miercoles po,

me comí un mino exquisito le regale hasta el pañuelo jajajaja

wna enamora,

después llego mi amorsito y basile con el después se fue y te mori con quien me fui jajaj

con el negro gyvens de los regetonboy jajajajjaj

nos fuimos a su ksa

le deje pata,

al otro día todos le alegaban todos en su ksa (casa) mas en sima desperté con caña jajaj

la wna penka.

ya besitos

alot of the "jajaja" split the different parts of the story into individual sections

can you give it another shot? or maybe make the necessary adjustments after reading it this way?

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim.

Is this how you received the paragraph? Line by line? Was this a text? There are many abbreviations and 'text-speak' expressions, as I mentioned previously. The 'jajaja' is equivalent to LOL (laugh out loud) in English computer and text-speak.

I will read it over again, in this format and send you any adjustments, as needed.

Thanks for your patience.
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Also,

this:

yo cuando llegue
esta muy rico ese

follows the paragraph above, so the context of the above three lines can be put more appropriately to with the paragraph because the word calcinarme does not make sense to represent coming from calinar in its literal form does not make sense in context. any ideas?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this is not how I received it but from the past this girl doesn't really break up her points/sentences... its very informal
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim.

My apologies, but between the texting abbreviations, chilean slang and mispellings, plus not really breaking up her points/sentences, I can't translate this in any different way than I did the first time. I just spent additional time researching the same slang words/expressions and came up with the same translations.

"Calcinar" in the last paragraph sounds like it's either referring to melting down a powder (like a drug--cocaine?) into liquid form, which I mentioned, or it could mean she's 'hot' (calcinar means to burn) for or with gyvens (sexual contact?).

The gist of it is:

It sounds like her friends threw her a going away party. They went to a club. She danced with her boyfriend, he left, and she went home with the regaton guy, gyvens. Sexual activity ensued, drugs and alcohol were involved. She woke up with a hangover. The sex was good (wna is an abbreviation for 'buena'=good; 'penka' (penca) as I said, means the male organ).

And she closes with 'kisses' for you (that was the easiest part! lol)

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the translation :)
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Jim!

You're most welcome for the translation and it was my pleasure to be of help to you!

Thanks very much for your positive rating; it is greatly appreciated.

If you ever need my services in the future, please begin your new question with 'For Cher' and I will answer asap.

I hope you enjoy a great weekend!

Best wishes,
Cher

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here