Cher
Cher , #1 JustAnswer Spanish Expert/Mentor
Experience:  Spanish Teacher & Tutor 35+ years Experience; Masters Degree Spanish/Education; Translator
1470369

Thanks so much! I have one more question

Thanks so much! If it's not too much trouble, I have one more question. How would a guy say to another guy, "Andrew is sad because we are not gay?" I know that sounds odd, but my two guy friends are in an online debate right now. Again, this would be in Spanish addressed towards a Mexican. HA HA! Thanks!!!

Category: Spanish
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.

Hi again, and you're most welcome!

Thanks very much for requesting me and for your Excellent rating on the other question; it is greatly appreciated! Laughing

Yes, I can help you with this one, too.

"Andrew is sad because we are not gay"---Andrés está triste porque no somos gay.

'Gay' is also used in Spanish to mean 'gay' in English, but 'homosexual' can also be used. In Mexican Spanish, 'maricón' is a slang, derogatory expression to mean a gay or effeminate man. In this sentence it would be 'maricones', because it applies to two people, so all translations would be appropriate.

I hope this helped.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you.

Please rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority.

Best regards,
Cher